This journey actually started FOUR years ago. FOUR. For the first 2 years, it was only dirt...for as far as the eye could see. Or, at least until you looked at the neighbors green grass. So, then last summer, grass appeared. And, that was about it. And, it was only in the front yard. This year, some plants have finally made an appearance. I've been buying perennials like crazy, whenever I see a good deal. Like WalMart, $3 and $5. Nice. And, of course we added the grass in the backyard, and a sandbox. We are on a roll now...I hope this momentum keeps going. The best part has been...it has cost us next to nothing to do all that we have this year! Can't beat that.
My dream is to have one of those Better Homes and Gardens borders around my entire yard. You know, the one's full of beautiful flowering plants...I mean packed full to overflowing. And, they all bloom at different times throughout the season, and I only have to pick weeds...no planting new flowers every year (except in my pots). That is my dream. I am in for a LONG journey. I really should have before and after pictures, because these sure don't look like much. But, for now...enjoy.
(I know Lauren is not a picture of the yard...but you gotta love morning pictures! Courtesy of my budding photographer Audrey)





3 comments:
Your yard will be beautiful! I love the sandbox. Can't wait to come and play in it with Sophie.
The yard looks great!
So does miss Lauren Lou!
Looks great! That is my goal too, and each year seems to look a little better. Someday it will all be filled in=)
Post a Comment