Monday, January 25, 2010

A Little Randomness...

I apologize in advance for the following post.
It's filled to overflowing with random thoughts that keep circling in my head.
Hopefully now that they have a home,
they will leave a little room in my head for more important things.
Like, I don't know,
remembering to pick my child up from pre-school.
Usually an important thing.

Audrey and Lauren had their first,
all-out,
give it all you got,
hair-pulling fight.

AWESOME
.

I should have been
more upset when I
walked in the room,

but I had to hide a smile.
And, I wish I'd had a camera,
but the moment passed far too fast!

In 6 days,
every car we own
will have...
wait for it...
expired registration!

I have only been snowboarding
once
this season.

Serious bummer.
Adam hasn't been at all.

Double serious bummer.

Have you ever wanted to be an expert on something? Let me explain. Adam and I watch this show on The History Channel called, "Pawn Stars". It's all about the life and times of being a pawn shop owner. Sounds horribly exciting, I know, but it's really quite interesting. So, people will bring in their old junk and then they will have an "expert" come in and tell them if it's authentic or not. For example, you could be an expert on "antique john's" AKA toilets. What? Or, you could know everything there is to know about knifes, forks, spoons, guns, ammunition, old bells from ancient war ships, speed boats, motorcycles, cars, etc, etc, etc. I think I'll start today. If I could only decide what I want to be when I grow up.



My sweet Grandma Hagen turned
85
this past week.
Given that my other
dear Grandma is 90,
I'd say us Gray girls are going to be
around a while longer.
What genes.

My Sister-in-Law
Annika
has breast cancer.
We are praying
for a speedy
and full
recovery.
We love her.

I love reading this blog.
Every day that I can.

On January 14th, I was making my way home. Much to my dismay, there was nothing noteworthy to listen to on the radio. So, I switched over to NPR (which I find myself doing much too often to admit) and heard a heartbreaking story about the earthquake in Haiti, which had only happened the day before. I have searched in vain to find the actual story, but could only find a comments about the story, which you can find here. This is definitely worth a listen. It was the first time a reporter has made me feel like I was actually there, where he was reporting. And, the comments they received were outstanding. Especially the guy who thought reporters shouldn't show emotion. Really? I mean, I know you are supposed to be impartial, but sometimes tragedy is...truly tragic.

Last Sunday
I peeked my head in the nursery
to see how Lauren was faring.
I spied her sitting at the snack table,
chewing her food,
and then showing it to
the young gentleman
across the table from her.
He, likewise,
was doing the same.
I was so proud.

For the first time ever,
we did not pay our
mortgage this month.
I don't tell you this
because I want you
to feel sorry for us.
We're trying to get
assistance from our
mortgage company.
I just want you to know,
the world did not end.
I thought it might.
But, we're still here.
Things will get better.


4 comments:

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

I really liked this post! So many thoughts...you are funny! I love you.

Anonymous said...

Loved the post. I love reading posts when people just put it all out there. Good luck with the mortgage company! I know plenty of my friends who have had their mortgage companies work with them on payments, interest rates, etc. So many people are struggling financially right now. I hope things work out for you soon.

Bodacious Barlows said...

I love reading your blog. We don't get to see you guys very often so it is fun to check your blog out and see what you are up to. I love the way you write. You always paint a picture for me when I read. You are such an amazing mom!

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

can i just tell you how much i loved reading this post? THANK YOU for being so real and to the point(the world did not end). it's amazing how much people go thru and you have no idea (usually because they try to hide it all). it's actually a relief to hear others deal with crap all the time and are still amazing people.
love you!
ps: you are seriously hilarious!