Monday, July 27, 2009

A Bit Obsessive

I admit that I've done it to myself this time, no one to blame but me. Lauren is so attached to her binky that it's going to be a battle (possibly larger than WWIII) to get rid of the thing. There are some UN-fun days headed my way...but, until then I just thought I would share with you the obsession. Seriously, obsessed. We're talking wandering around the house aimlessly crying for the binky if she doesn't have it. What will I do? Anyone with ideas is welcome to share them, I'm all ears!



2 comments:

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

i have to admit it's kinda nice to hear that someone else's kid is obsessed with a baby item still.
sophia WILL not give up her bottle! how embarrassing is that? i am actually surprised to be admitting this to you.

so, we ended up quitting "cold turkey" with sophia. we thought it was going to be a lot worse than it ended up being. not going to lie - the first couple of nights were rough. but it all worked out.
GOOD LUCK!

Anonymous said...

Sadly. . .the easiest (yet hardest!) thing to do is to go COLD TURKEY! It sucks, but it is the only thing that works.

My friend took her son out to the garbage can on garbage day and showed him that she was putting his binky in the trash. Then they watched the garbage truck take it away.

When he would ask for his binky, she reminded him that the garbage man took it away.

She said he only cried one night and then it was all over and done.

GOOD LUCK with whatever you decide to do to get rid of it :)